October 5, 2008

My Favorite Apple Crisp


One of my favorite things to eat in the fall is warm apple crisp. I can eat it with or without ice cream, with or with out whipped cream. It's just all around good. This was the second of three sweet apple dishes made in one day. I guess that I am making up for lost time. You can use what ever kind of apple you like. I used the apples that we picked yesterday, McIntosh, Empire, and Cortland. Because, I came home to the apples peeled for me, I have no idea of the ratio of the apples that were used.

8 medium apples, peeled, cored, and thinly sliced
1 cup flour
1/2 cup of brown sugar
1/2 cup white granulated sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 cup of butter (you can use margarine if you like, but I prefer butter)

  1. Preheat the oven 375F.
  2. Place the apples into a 9X13 baking dish.
  3. In a bowl, mix the flour, sugars, and cinnamon.
  4. Using a pastry blender, cut in the butter.
  5. When the mix looks crumbly, add to the top of the apples.
  6. Sometimes, I like to top with oats, but I didn't have any today.
  7. Bake in the oven for 30 to 35 minutes.
I think that last week or the week before, I said that I was going to try to be a bit more healthy with my cooking. Obviously, the half cup of butter contradicts my statement.

8 medium apples

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin