October 7, 2008

Apple Cupcakes with Caramel Icing





Once again, I had the itch to use more apples in a sweet treat. I do love cupcakes and am interested in going beyond the standard vanilla or chocolate with vanilla or chocolate icing. These could probably be consumed minus the icing, making them more of a muffin. However, caramel seems like the perfect topping for this fall treat.

I haven't tried these yet. I am bringing them into work for my co-workers and will update the post with their reactions. Maybe I should not be testing out a new recipe on people that I see everyday....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Absolutely Amazing!! I have one for breakfast after I have my nice healthy Kashi Go Lean High Fiber High Protein cereal... but these "cupcakes" are more fruit than cake... almost like a fig newton but wicked awesomer!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin