September 26, 2008

Pork Chops in a Lemon Caper Sauce



This has a great combination, lemon and capers. What could be wrong with that combination? This is another great one from Cooking Light. I am trying to be better about what I eat these days and pay more attention to calories and fat content. Soon enough, I am sure that I will be off that wagon and will go back to cooking with real bacon and more oil. However, for now I am going with the lower fat content.


Pork Chops in a Lemon Caper Sauce
(from Cooking Light October 2008)
2 teaspoons olive oil
4 lean pork chops
1/3 cup flour
1/8 teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons dried breadcrumbs
3 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 egg white
1/2 cup chicken broth
1 tablespoon white wine (I used a Chardonnay)
2 tablespoons capers

  1. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
  2. Combine flour and salt in one shallow bowl. Combine breadcrumbs, cheese, and pepper in a separate shallow bowl. Finally, lightly beat 1 egg white in a third shallow bowl.
  3. Remove the pork from the skillet and keep warm. Add in the broth, wine, and capers. Simmer until there is about 1/4 cup of liquid left. Serve over the pork chops.
I really liked this one. I used a thicker cut of pork chops than I usually use, and was not happy with how long they took to cook. I was counting on quick meal as I ran once I got home from work and did not start to cook until 7:30. That is late eating in the Carey household. I am thinking that I may try the sauce as a marinade and let the meat soak up the juices for a day. Also, this sauce may taste great with chicken. It's something to try.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin