September 24, 2008

Beef Boliche

This is another one that I think tastes better the next day. This was the first time that I tried this dish, or heard of it for that matter. I love combining meats and this was a great dish for it. In this case, I left out a few of the ingredients. I am only listing the ones that I used. The recipe recommended olives, I would have included olive, but I did not have any. I'd recommend having a nice big piece of bread to sop up some of the juices.

Quick Beef Boliche
(from Cooking Light October 2008)
1 pound top sirloin (cut into 1 inch pieces)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
4 pieces of chicken sausage (I used Cajun flavored chicken sausage)
1 medium green pepper, chopped
1 medium onion, chopped
3 garlic cloves, minced
2 cups of diced potatoes (I used canned potatoes)
1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained

  1. Heat a large Dutch oven over high heat. Coat with cooking spray. Sprinkle beef with salt and pepper. Add beef to pan; saute 3 minutes or until browned. Remove casings from sausage and add to the pan; saute 1 minute or until browned, stirring to crumble. Stir in bell pepper, onion, and garlic; saute 2 minutes or until tender. Add potatoes. Pour tomatoes evenly over beef mixture. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 35 minutes or until beef is tender.
I chose to serve this with heated black beans seasoned with cumin. I would definitely try this one again. I think I would drain a little bit of the juice from the tomatoes so it would be less soupy.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin