September 9, 2008

Corn on the Cob & BBQ Ribs





This was a very messy and great tasting meal that requires a lot of dental floss after dinner. The corn has a coating that uses a few of my favorites, cilantro, olive oil, and Parmesan cheese. I wasn't loving the BBQ sauce for the ribs, so I will just list the recipe for the rub. I thought that it on the ribs without the sauce was good.

Mike got gas for the grill yesterday and was pumped up to use it again, too bad it was a bit too chilly out to eat on the deck, it was also a little wet from the rain that we got. Mike needs to get credit for being the grill master tonight.

Corn on the Cob
4 ears of corn (I just made three, but the rest of the ingredients are good for 4 ears)
6 tablespoons of olive oil
1 tablespoon of lime juice (I used bottled instead of fresh)
1/3 cup of Parmesan
1 minced garlic clove
1 teaspoon of cumin
1/4 cup of cilantro

  1. Cook corn in a large pot of boiled water for about 5 minutes. Drain the corn.
  2. While the corn is cooking mix 5 tablespoons of olive oil and the next 4 ingredients in a bowl with a whisk.
  3. Heat the remaining oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the corn and cook about 2 minutes. Turn the corn frequently.
  4. Brush the cheese mixture on the corn in the skillet. Cook until the coating begins to color, about 3 minutes.
  5. Place the corn on a platter and brush the cilantro and any remaining cheese mixture onto the corn.*
*I really wasn't paying close attention to the recipe and just mixed all the ingredients together instead of brushing the cilantro on at the end. It turned out fine, but I thought I should include the standard recipe (from Bon Appetit).

BBQ Rub
1 rack of ribs
1 tablespoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon chili powder
2 teaspoons ground cumin
2 teaspoons salt
t teaspoon ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon of allspice

Rub the mixture over ribs, cover with foil and chill for at least 1 hour and up to 1 day.

Fire up the grill and keep the ribs on until the are tender.

Because I was not loving the BBQ sauce, I am more than willing to take suggestions. Send them in so I can try them.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin