September 15, 2008

Restaurant Review - Mistral

On Saturday night, Mike and I celebrated our fifth anniversary with a dinner at Mistral. Neither of us had been there and were both dying to try it. We have heard great things about it and Mistral lived up to our expectations. Mike likes to eat earlier than I do and wanted a 7:00 reservation. I thought that we would be the only ones in there so early on a Saturday night. However, the place was packed! We didn't have the best table, we were in the back near the kitchen, but the company more than made up for the bad table.

I had been checking out the menu the week prior to dinner, but still was not sure what I was going to order. I had the mussels to start and Mike has the tuna tartare. Both were wonderful. For the main course, I had the sirloin while Mike had the trout special. We settled on the Catena malbec for our wine, it was great since it was one that we did not have a chance to sample while in Argentina. The desserts were wonderful as well, I had the warm chocolate torte and Mike had the plum galette.

I loved Mistral and would go again. The portions were a great size, the atmosphere was great as it was not stuffy, and despite the crowd, we did not feel rushed.

After dinner, we had the car drop us off at Persephone for a drink. We have to support the Southie businesses, even though it isn't close to our part of Southie. The night was capped off with drinks with the neighbors at home on their patio. Thanks guys!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin