September 15, 2008

Pasta with Gorgonzola Sauce



My apologies for posting this one a few days late. I've been lazy. I think that this one tastes great as leftovers. I put in more cheese than the recipe (from Cooking Light) calls for. I also didn't read the recipe through when I was making up my grocery list and overlooked half-and-half in the ingredients listing. Since I did not get the half-and-half, I used 1% milk, resulting in a soupy sauce. The half-and-half would have been a waste since we don't use it in our coffee.

8 ounces uncooked ziti
1/2 teaspoon of olive oil
2 cups of cherry tomatoes, halved
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
2 minced garlic cloves
12 teaspoons half-and-half (or 1% milk for a soupy sauce)
6 tablespoons crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
2 cups of fresh spinach

  1. Cook the past according to the package directions.
  2. Heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add cherry tomatoes, salt, crushed red pepper, and garlic to the pan; cook 1 minute, stirring occasionally. Stir in the half-and-half and cheese for 2 minutes or until thick (again if you use milk the sauce won't get thick), stir constantly. Stir in spinach and pasta cook 1 minute or until the spinach cooks down.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin