June 21, 2009

Rojo and Mambo




During the second part of vacation we stayed at the beach. We were off to Ambergris Caye and stayed at Mata Chica. This place was also beautiful. During our stay on Ambergris Caye we had a few more food options to chose from. We didn't eat in the town of San Pedro because the boat schedule from our hotel during the day we chose to go to town was not conducive to a lunch schedule.

The manager of Chan Chich recommended Rojo to us. We chose to eat there on our first night. The food at Rojo was quite tasty, though a bit expensive even after doing the math of converting Belize currency. Rojo is a tapas style restaurant, but a bigger size dish. I can't remember all that we ordered, but it was great. One day we also had lunch there. I had the nachos and they were probably the best nachos I have ever had. If my Fairfield girls are reading this, these nachos were better than Sidetracks. Want to do a road trip?

We ate a lot of our meals at the restaurant on-site at Mata Chica, Mambo. This was also another great place to eat, though slightly pricey. We had breakfast, lunch, and dinner there. I think that the lunch was my favorite menu they had. Because vacation memories fade far too quickly, I can't remember all that I had. My favorite was the seafood burrito.

Ahhh, vacation.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin